Pashupatinath Temple is one of the most famous Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, sacred abode of Lord Shiva. It is located in the ancient city of Mandsaur in the state of Madhya Pradesh (Heart of Incredible India).
- The Shivalinga here consists of 8 faces. Every part has four faces which portray the four stages of life. It is the unique sculpture of Lord Shiva in the world.
- The water level of the Shivna river, near the temple, rises to 90 feet to touch the Shivlingam every year during the monsoon. This process is termed as “Jalaabhishek” which means worshiping the Almighty through the water.
- The Shivlingam is divided into two parts and there are four faces on the upper section and four faces on the lower section.
- The famous shrine has four doors which pave the way to four different directions, north, south, east and west. Each direction consists of two faces displaying the eight rasas: the east stands for peace and concentration, the west for the Rudra form or angry, the north is full of snakes and hairs and the south for gentle and artistic creation.
Legend : It has been said that Lord Vishnu along with other gods had named Lord Shiva as Pashupati during the time of Tripura Samhar. Lord Shiva became the lord of all the demons and demolished Tripura, the three cities of illusion, which were being administered by the demons Kamlaaksha, Taarakaaksha and Vidyunmaali. This three pashus were creating destruction by assaulting gods and sages. Shiv Purana states that any individual who is in the clutches of his own ego, ignorance and wants, is an animal or pashu. And under such circumstances, only Lord Pashupati can provide relief to them.
Puja services offered at Pashupatinath temple:
- Rudra Abhishek: Abhishek of Shivling would be done in your name by 3 temple priests.
- Laghu Rudra Abhishek: 121 recitations of Namakam and 11 recitations of Chamakam would be done in your name by 11 temple priests.
- Brahmin Bhojan: Food would be offered to 15 temple priests in your name.
- Mahamrityunjay Jaap (51,000 chants) & Havan: 51,000 chants of Mahamrityunjaya mantra would be performed by 15 temple priests in your name followed by Homam.
After the successful completion of the puja, the head priest of the temple would bless for fulfillment of your puja and Sankalpa.
The temple priests will perform Puja as per vedic rituals based on birth details. Please mention your birth details (name, date, place, time), & Sankalp (your wish) at checkout. This is a individual Puja (you may do puja on individual name or include your near and dear ones in the puja). Know more about Yajna / Hindu Ritual Ceremonies / Online Puja Services .
Eshwar Bhakti is not a temple representative. We offer puja services on your behalf at the temple. The fees includes arrangements for the puja, dakshina, prasada, photography, travelling charges and other miscellaneous costs including courier, payment collection, and government taxes.
Current was running
Many thanks to all the Pandits who have done Chandi Puja for me. During the sankalpa, felt like a current was running through my body.Koemarsing, Netherlands All Testimonials
Worked Very Well
The Black magic removal puja service was well done and it helped out a lot. It really worked very well. Thank You.Kristall P., USA All Testimonials
High precision and quality
I had surprising experience, thanks to your professional team. All rituals were done with high precision, love and high quality. My thanks are infinite!Tatiana, Russia All Testimonials