'Gau' means cow and Daan means donation service. Cow has a great importance in Hindu religion. Since ancient times cows have been donated by kings and other people to Brahmins and others. Although it can be donated any time, but it is believed that at least one cow must be donated in one man's life time. Gaudaan is also called as Godaan or gift a cow.
The benefits of donating a cow are simply endless. There is no other donation comparable to donation of a cow in this world.
Benefits / Purpose of Cow donation:
1. Paap Dhenu Daan: to get rid off sins.
2. Karj Mukti Dhenu Daan: freedom from debts
3. Moksha Dhenu Daan: for Moksha (enlightenment)
4. Prayaschit Dhenu Daan: for seeking forgiveness
5. Vaitarni Dhenu Daan: Cow donation during the last days of a person's life for Moksha (enlightenment).
6. It helps in making a person pure and helps him in attaining the highest state of eternal bliss.
7. It is said that the Sun, Moon, Varuna, Agni, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva salute the person who donates cow benevolently.
Special dates for Cow donation:
1. Vijaya Ekadashi:
2. Amalaki Ekadashi: Phalguna Shukla Paksha Ekadashi is known as Amalaki Ekadashi. Amalaki Ekadashi falls between Maha Shivaratri and Holi.
3. Paapmochani Ekadashi: Ekadashi which comes between Holika Dahan and Chaitra Navratri is known as Papmochani Ekadashi. It falls before Yugadi and it is the last Ekadashi of the year.
4. Kamada Ekadashi: Chaitra Shukla Paksha Ekadashi is known as Kamada Ekadashi. It is next Ekadashi after Chaitra Navrati and Rama Navami.
5. Varuthini Ekadashi: Varuthini Ekadashi is observed during Krishna Paksha of Vaishakha month according to North Indian Purnimant calendar and Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month according to South Indian Amavasyant calendar. However both North Indian and South Indian observe it on the same day.
6. Vaishak Govratam: It is recommended not to consume salt, not to use flowers and any other fragrant products on this day. Anyone who does Cow donation in Vaishakh month and follows one month Upavas, he becomes like Shree Hari (Vishnu) and lives like a king.
7. Go Padam Vrat: Comes on Aashan Guru Purnima, Shukla Paksha Astami, Ekdashi (11th day) and Dwadashi (12th day) of Krishna and Shukla Pakshas.
8. Bahula Chaturthi Vrat: Comes on Bhadrapad Krishna Chaturthi.
9. Kapili Sashti: Bhadrapad Krishna Chatha (6th day of Bhadrapad). It comes once in 60 years. Kapila sashti happens only when all the below auspicious timings coincide on the same day:
Surya is in Singh Rashi, VyatiPata Yoga, Tuesday and Rohini Nakshatra.
Kapila Sashti Date: not coming in this year.
Else, it is called as Haldar Sashti
10. Gau TriRatri Vrat: Bhadrapad Shukla for 3 days (from 13th till 15th day of Bhadrapad Shukla)
11. Gau Navratri: Kartik Shukla (for 9 days)
12. Gopa Ashtami: It comes on the 8th day of Gau Navratri, it was the first day when Lord Krishna went to graze cows. Also, Kamdhenu cow originated from Samudra Manthan (churning of the ocean) on this day.
13. Gau Vatsa Dwadashi: Kartika Krishna Dwadashi (12th day), it is one day before Dhanteras festival.
14. Vaitarni Ekadashi: It comes in Magsar month on Shukla Ekadashi (11th day)
We have extended our service to 90 Goshalas (protective shelters for cows) / needy people, in the state of Rajasthan.
Eshwar Bhakti priests will perform donation as per vedic rituals based on birth details. Please mention your birth details (name, date, place, time), & Sankalp (your wish) at checkout. This is a individual donation (you may do donation on individual name or include your near and dear ones in the puja). You will be provided with the direct contact no. of the priest, to call during the Sankalpa/Puja. Know more about Yajna / Hindu Ritual Ceremonies / Online Puja Services .
You can opt for a puja DVD or without DVD from the box above. If you opt for a DVD, it will be couriered to you, else, the puja photos will be emailed to you, on successful completion of the puja. The DVD would be of approx. 1 hour, having the main rituals of the puja.
Thanks a million for your selfless service
I'm so grateful that you have offered 1008 lotuses to Maa Kamakhya under my name, which proves you have a very big heart. I know I will be getting immense blessings.Arjun, U.K. All Testimonials
It was a powerful experience
I could feel the energy of the puja strongly throughout the day. I felt really expanded front and back of heart chakra for a few hours.Amy B., USA All Testimonials