Mahalakshmi is the source of Abundance – both material and spiritual. She is the epitome of beauty, of grace, of virtue, and of purity. She is True Essence, and resides in the Lotus of Peace in infinite communion.
Legend: Mahalakshmi left Vaikuntha and arrived at Kolhapur on hearing that Lord Venkatesh (Vishnu) her beloved husband failed to take action against sage Bhrigu for his horrific behaviour towards him. An angry Mahalakshmi is said to have observed strict penance in Kolhapur for several years until upon hearing the news of her husband being married to Tirumala Padmavati, another avatar of Mahalaskhmi. The greatness of this region has therefore attracted many sages and devotees, the blessings and affections showered by this region on its devotees are immeasurable.
When Mahalakshmi arrived at Kolhapur, She had no roof over her head, so her loyal servants, who were demons, built her a big temple with beautiful carvings made of stones from the lake Rankala within one night. The people treated her very well, and so she promised that there would be no poverty. No person in Kolhapur will remain poor. The temple is in the same condition.
The Goddess Mahalakshmi of Kolhapur is described as SinhaVahini (Goddess astride a lion) and Rudraardhangotsanga Nivasini, (Shiva’s consort). Little wonder that Goddess Mahalakshmi is considered as second avatar of Durga.
- The Shri Mahalakshmi Temple of Kolhapur in Maharashtra, India, is one of the 52 Shakti Peethas.
- It is one of the six places where one can either obtain salvation from desires or have them completely fulfilled.
- Unlike most Hindu idols, which face north or east, the Mahalakshmi idol faces west direction.
- It is said that both Shri Lakshmi and Shri Vishnu reside in this area eternally and shall not leave even at the time of Mahaprayakala.
- Research guesses that it was in existence in the times of Parashuram.
- This region is eternally blessed and is believed to be held by Mother Goddess in Her right hand, and so this region is protected from all destructions.
- Lord Vishnu himself adores this region more than Vaikuntha or the Kshirsagar since it is the home of his consort Lakshmi.
- No resident of Kolhapur is poor. All are super rich.
- The greatness of this region has attracted many sages and devotees, the blessings and affections showered by this region on its devotees are immeasurable.
- It is believed that Shri Dattatreya still comes here every noon to seek alms.
Puja services offered at MahaLakshmi temple, Kolhapur:
1. MahaAbhishek + Kumkum Archan with Saree – Abhishek would be performed followed by offering of Vermilion and a Saree.
2. NavChandi Puja & Havan - 10 temple pundits will do nine recitations of Durga Saptashati followed by Homam.
3. Sri Sukt Puja & Havan - 20 temple pundits will do 1,600 recitations of Sri Sukt followed by Homam.
4. Sahasrara Naam Kumkum Archan - 2 temple pundits will chant 1,000 names of MahaLakshmi and would offer Kumkum (Vermillion) with every chant.
5. SatChandi Puja & Havan - 40 temple pundits will do 100 recitations of Durga Saptashati in 2 days, followed by Homam.
6. Sapta Shati Paath Vachan - 5 temple pundits will do 10 recitations of SaptaShati.
Eshwar Bhakti is not a temple representative. We offer puja services on your behalf at the temple. The fees includes arrangements for the puja, dakshina, prasada, photography, travelling charges and other miscellaneous costs including courier, payment collection, and government taxes.
Are online pujas effective ?
Some of you might have a question "Are online pujas effective ?" Let me tell you it is your belief, that makes it work. And yes, it has worked for me.Nadiya, U.K. All Testimonials
Thank you very Much !
Your services were professionally guided, as per my occasional experience. We hope to have a good result from the service you have made for us.K. Bonnet, Bulgaria All Testimonials
Vermilion has already materialized
Thank you Mayankji, you are a true saint. You are so blessed. Kumkum has already materialized, at the time of Sankalpa, on the picture of yoni which I downloaded.Lata, Canada All Testimonials