Mahalakshmi is the source of Abundance – both material and spiritual. She is the epitome of beauty, of grace, of virtue, and of purity. She is True Essence, and resides in the Lotus of Peace in infinite communion.
Legend: Mahalakshmi left Vaikuntha and arrived at Kolhapur on hearing that Lord Venkatesh (Vishnu) her beloved husband failed to take action against sage Bhrigu for his horrific behaviour towards him. An angry Mahalakshmi is said to have observed strict penance in Kolhapur for several years until upon hearing the news of her husband being married to Tirumala Padmavati, another avatar of Mahalaskhmi. The greatness of this region has therefore attracted many sages and devotees, the blessings and affections showered by this region on its devotees are immeasurable.
When Mahalakshmi arrived at Kolhapur, She had no roof over her head, so her loyal servants, who were demons, built her a big temple with beautiful carvings made of stones from the lake Rankala within one night. The people treated her very well, and so she promised that there would be no poverty. No person in Kolhapur will remain poor. The temple is in the same condition.
The Goddess Mahalakshmi of Kolhapur is described as SinhaVahini (Goddess astride a lion) and Rudraardhangotsanga Nivasini, (Shiva’s consort). Little wonder that Goddess Mahalakshmi is considered as second avatar of Durga.
- The Shri Mahalakshmi Temple of Kolhapur in Maharashtra, India, is one of the 52 Shakti Peethas.
- It is one of the six places where one can either obtain salvation from desires or have them completely fulfilled.
- Unlike most Hindu idols, which face north or east, the Mahalakshmi idol faces west direction.
- It is said that both Shri Lakshmi and Shri Vishnu reside in this area eternally and shall not leave even at the time of Mahaprayakala.
- Research guesses that it was in existence in the times of Parashuram.
- This region is eternally blessed and is believed to be held by Mother Goddess in Her right hand, and so this region is protected from all destructions.
- Lord Vishnu himself adores this region more than Vaikuntha or the Kshirsagar since it is the home of his consort Lakshmi.
- No resident of Kolhapur is poor. All are super rich.
- The greatness of this region has attracted many sages and devotees, the blessings and affections showered by this region on its devotees are immeasurable.
- It is believed that Shri Dattatreya still comes here every noon to seek alms.
Puja services offered at MahaLakshmi temple, Kolhapur:
1. MahaAbhishek + Kumkum Archan with Saree – Abhishek would be performed followed by offering of Vermilion and a Saree.
2. NavChandi Puja & Havan - 9 temple pundits will do nine recitations of Durga Saptashati followed by Homam.
3. Sri Sukt Puja & Havan - 20 temple pundits will do 1,600 recitations of Sri Sukt followed by Homam.
4. Sahasrara Naam Kumkum Archan - 2 temple pundits will chant 1,000 names of MahaLakshmi and would offer Kumkum (Vermillion) with every chant.
5. SatChandi Puja & Havan - 25+ temple pundits will do 100 recitations of Durga Saptashati, followed by Homam.
6. Sapta Shati Paath Vachan - A temple pundit will do one recitation of SaptaShati.
Eshwar Bhakti is not a temple representative. We offer puja services on your behalf at the temple. The fees includes arrangements for the puja, dakshina, prasada, photography, travelling charges and other miscellaneous costs including courier, payment collection, and government taxes.
Performing your puja ritual with love and utmost care is our motto. We perform only Individual Personalized rituals. No group rituals. Here are the key steps to help you understand the process:
You add a ritual to your shopping cart, after reading the benefits and based on your concerns.
At the time of booking your ritual(s), you are asked to provide your "Name, birth details, Sankalpa and instructions" on the shopping cart page. You can also mention your Gotra, Nakshatra and Rashi details there (if you know).
Immediately after the receipt of your order, we start identifying the most auspicious date and time to perform the ritual.
An email is sent to you within 12 hours of order confirmation, which would comprise:
1. Date on which your puja would be performed.
2. Complete timings and duration of your ritual.
3. Sankalpa time: When you can join us and pray for the fulfillment of your wish.
4. Zoom meeting details for taking the Sankalpa.
5. Mantra and meditation instructions to follow at your end.
6. Dietary precautions on the day of your puja.
7. List of some easy to get items, to take the Sankalpa.
You can also email us your photo, at email@example.com, to keep during the performance of your puja (optional).
On the scheduled day and time, you can join over Zoom to take your Sankalpa (optional). You will be guided during the call to take the Sankalpa.
Immediately after the successful completion of your ritual, an email is sent with photos/videos of the ritual.
In case of rituals lasting over several days, you will receive daily updates over email, WhatsApp or Viber.
Have more queries, read Frequently Asked Questions.
Great surge of energy
I felt a great surge of energy at 4.30am PT, when the Shri Vidya puja got completed. My heart was beating rapidly and I couldn’t sleep. I feel so blessed by Maa and all the pandits.Gayatri Hiremath, USA All Testimonials
My mother actually had a good sleep last night without having to take the medicine, which was great. She managed to sleep in the morning too, which she hasn't been able to for months.Rishi B., UK All Testimonials
Just listed house for sale
At 1:40 pm PT, I just found your mantra. The listing for a house that we have not been able to sell for the past 7 years just listed for sale yesterday. Thank you for this pooja!Barbara Campbell, YouTube subscriber All Testimonials