The word 'Deepawali is composed of two words - Deepa meaning Light and Avali meaning a Row. It means a row of lights and indeed illumination forms its main attraction. It is a festival of lights celebrating the victory of good over evil, light over darkness, and knowledge over ignorance.
Legends associated with Diwali:
• Return of Rama to Ayodhya
• The Killing of Narakasura
• Austerities of Shakti
• Birth of Lakshmi from churning of the ocean
• Krishna defeating Indra
Laxmi Puja, or the worship of the goddess of prosperity and wealth, is the main event on Diwali. In Diwali pujan mainly Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi in her three forms are worshipped. on this day "Lakshmi-panchayatan" enters the Universe. Sri Vishnu, Sri Indra, Sri Kuber, Sri Gajendra and Sri Lakshmi are elements of this "panchayatan" (a group of five). The tasks of these elements are:
• Vishnu: Happiness (happiness and satisfaction)
• Indra: Opulence (satisfaction due to wealth)
• Kubera: Wealth (Generosity; one who gives away wealth)
• Gajendra: Carries the wealth
• Lakshmi: Divine Energy (Shakti) which provides energy to all the above activities
Worship procedure: Ganpati invocation mantra, Laxmi invocation mantra, Invocation mantras of all major deities, Dhyaan, Katha of Laxmi/Ganesh, Aarti, Pushpaanjali, Prasadam.
Eshwar Bhakti priests will perform your Puja as per the Vedic procedure. Please mention your birth details (name, date, time, and place of birth), & Sankalp (your wish) at checkout. This is an individual Puja (you may book puja only on your name or include your near/dear ones in your puja).
You can book this puja with or without a DVD. An hour-long DVD will have the main elements of your puja: Sankalpa, Abhishek or invocation mantras, presiding deity mantra chants, Homa and Aarti. If you opt for a DVD, we will upload it on a cloud link for you to download and watch online, within a week of your puja completion. If you don't opt for a DVD, we will email few short video clips and photos immediately upon successful completion of your ritual.
Performing your puja ritual with love and utmost care is our motto. We perform only Individual Personalized rituals. No group rituals. Here are the key steps to help you understand the process:
You add a ritual to your shopping cart, after reading the benefits and based on your concerns.
At the time of booking your ritual(s), you are asked to provide your "Name, birth details, Sankalpa and instructions" on the shopping cart page. You can also mention your Gotra, Nakshatra and Rashi details there (if you know).
Immediately after the receipt of your order, we start identifying the most auspicious date and time to perform the ritual.
An email is sent to you within 12 hours of order confirmation, which would comprise:
1. Date on which your puja would be performed.
2. Complete timings and duration of your ritual.
3. Sankalpa time: When you can join us and pray for the fulfillment of your wish.
4. Zoom meeting details for taking the Sankalpa.
5. Mantra and meditation instructions to follow at your end.
6. Dietary precautions on the day of your puja.
7. List of some easy to get items, to take the Sankalpa.
You can also email us your photo, at email@example.com, to keep during the performance of your puja (optional).
On the scheduled day and time, you can join over Zoom to take your Sankalpa (optional). You will be guided during the call to take the Sankalpa.
Immediately after the successful completion of your ritual, an email is sent with photos/videos of the ritual.
In case of rituals lasting over several days, you will receive daily updates over email, WhatsApp or Viber.
Have more queries, read Frequently Asked Questions.