The Guru Granth Sahib is truly unique among the world's great scriptures. It is considered the Supreme Spiritual Authority and Head of the Sikh religion, rather than any living person. Guru Granth Sahib is a collection of devotional hymns and poetry which proclaims God, lays stress on meditation on the True Guru (God), and lays down moral and ethical rules for development of the soul, spiritual salvation. No one can change or alter any of the writings of the Sikh gurus written in the Adi Granth. This includes sentences, words, structure, grammar and meanings.
Guru Granth Sahib plays a central role in guiding the Sikhs' way of life. Its place in Sikh devotional life is based on two fundamental principles: that the text is the living Guru and that all answers regarding religion and morality can be discovered within it. Its hymns and teachings are called Gurbani or "Word of the guru" and sometimes Guru ki bani or "Word of God". The revealed divine word is written by the past Gurus. Numerous holy men, aside from the Sikh Gurus, are collectively referred to as Bhagats or "devotees." Their writings were included in the Adi Granth and are referred to as Bhagat bani, "Word of Devotees".
Puja service includes:
- Before the Guru Granth Sahib is brought, the place would be washed with milk and water to make it pure.
- The "Palki Sahib" where Guru Granth Sahib is placed is decorated with flowers.
- Akhand Ghee diya is lit for 3 days, non-stop.
- One recitation of Guru Granth Saheb over a period of 3 days.
- Sukhmani Saheb recitation.
- On the last day of Paath, Bhojan to 5 Sikh priests with one box of sweets would be given.
- DVD's would be recorded and "Kabir Slokh" and final "Ardaas" and bhojan preparation and servings would be recorded.
- Non-stop recitation Guru Granth Sahib, one priest would be present throughout 24 hours for 3 days.
- One big Garland at the end of the 3rd day would be placed on Guru Granth Sahib.
- On the last day "Huknama" and explanation of "Hukanma" in plain words.
- Donation to priests during "Shabad Kirtan".
- Everything would be done according to Sikh rights.
- Lunger to 150 priests.
- 4 DVDs covering almost the entire main rituals.
Number of priests: 6
Duration: 3 days
Eshwar Bhakti priests will perform Puja as per vedic rituals based on birth details. Please mention your birth details (name, date, place, time), & Sankalp (your wish) at checkout. This is a individual Puja (you may do puja on individual name or include your near and dear ones in the puja). You will be provided with the direct contact no. of the priest, to call during the Sankalpa/Puja. Know more about our exclusive Puja Services.
It was very wonderful 9 days - really overwhelming at times. I really appreciate all the efforts that you put in to this. Please pay my regards to Maa Baglamukhi and PanditJi as well.Sourabh K., USA All Testimonials
Beyond belief grateful
Please accept my warm obeisances. I am beyond belief grateful and wanted you to know this. I wish Krishna and Radha to be always by your side and for you to receive all their blessings, without reservation.Oksana , Russia All Testimonials
Cherry on top of cake
I feel satisfied and content with the services offered and photos sent are like cherry on top of cake. Personally I have a great feeling that the holy cows were fed with love, care and dignity.Sidhaartha Chauhaan, UK All Testimonials