Kumari Puja is a significant ritual during Navratri. Under this ritual 9 young girls between two to ten years of age are worshipped as nine manifestations of Mother Durga and are given food and gifts. A boy under 10 years of age, symbolically to safeguard the Kanyas (representing Lord Shiva), called as "Batuk Bhairav" is also worshipped.
Kumari Puja is also known as Kanya Puja and Kumarika Puja. Kumari Puja is done either on Ashtami (8th) or Navami (9th) day of Navratri. Girls between two to ten year are suitable for Kumari Puja. These girls represent nine forms of Durga and named as:
- Bhadra or Subhadra
There is a reason behind inviting 9 girls, which is:
- Worshiping Two girls, provides bhog and Moksha
- Three girls provides Dharma, Artha and Kaam
- Four girls, provides Rajyapad i.e. authority
- Five girls increases Vidya i.e. Knowledge
- Six girls provides 6 types of Siddhi,
- Seven girls helps in achieving Rajya i.e. power and kingdom
- Eight girls enhances Sampada i.e. wealth
- Nine girls gives the Prabhutva of Prithvi. Ownership.
Types of girls would constitute of:
- Brahmin girls: to fulfill all sorts of wishes
- Kshatriya girls: for glory and fame
- Vaishya girls: for wealth and prosperity
- Shudra girls: for getting a son
Puja service includes: Swasti Vachan, Sankalp, Invocation of major Gods, recitation of 13th and last chapter of Durga Saptashati, washing the feet of 9 Kanyas and Batuk, applying Tilak, offering garland, Chunri, offering chocolates, bangles, stationery items and toys, food offering (Puri, Halva sweet dish and chickpeas curry, etc.) and Dakshina to each girl.
Eshwar Bhakti priests will perform Puja as per vedic rituals based on birth details. Please mention your birth details (name, date, place, time), & Sankalp (your wish) at checkout. This is a individual Puja (you may do puja on individual name or include your near and dear ones in the puja). You will be provided with the direct contact no. of the priest, to call during the Sankalpa/Puja. Know more about our exclusive Puja Services.
You can opt for a puja DVD or without DVD from the box above. If you opt for a DVD, it will be couriered to you, else, the puja photos will be emailed to you, on successful completion of the puja. The DVD would be of approx. 1 hour, having the main rituals of the puja.
We are very happy with your services. God bless you and your team! I plan to avail your services in future as well.Pawan S. , USA All Testimonials
Mayank Goyal was prompt in his response. He sent me the pictures along with confirmation when puja was done. I liked his communication style.Akannsha S. , USA All Testimonials