Shri Ram Katha is the recitation of the life story of Lord Rama. Ram is ras - enjoyment/energy; love is also an enjoyment; and for Tulsidasji, even meditation is enjoyment. Katha is ras; the spoken and the listening are both ras.
The Ramayana is an epic poem which was first written from memory (smriti) by sage Valmiki in the Sanskrit language. Many years later, Goswami Tulsidas, born in the 16th century, wrote the Ramcharitamanas. Through Asia, the Ramayana has served not only as poetry, but as the ideal of life and embodiment of principles, as the basis for festivals, plays and rituals, as the foundation for religion, and as an eternal tale of love and duty.
The Ramcharitmanasa is broken up into stanzas called chaupais, passages of which are interposed with dohas or couplets. It is filled with exquisite poetry and consists of seven chapters: Bal Kand, Ayodhya Kand, Aranya Kand, Kiskindha Kand, Sundar Kand, Lanka Kand and Uttar Kand.
The division into 7 kandas is as follows:
1. Bala Kanda (Book of childhood): The origins and childhood of Rama, born to king Dasharatha of Ayodhya and destined to fight demons. Sita's swayamvara and subsequent wedding to rama.
2. Ayodhya Kanda (Book of ayodhya): The preparations for Rama's coronation in the city of Ayodhya, his exile into the forest, and the regency of bharata.
3. Aranya Kanda (Book of the forest): The forest life of Rama with Sita and Lakshmana, his constant companion. The kidnapping of Sita by the demon king Ravana.
4. Kishkindha Kanda (Book of the monkey kingdom): Rama meets Hanuman and helps destroy the monkey people's king, Baali, making Baali's younger brother, Sugriva, king of Kishkindha instead.
5. Sundara Kanda (Book of beauty): Detailed accounts of Hanuman's adventures,including his meeting with Sita. Traditionally read first when reading the ramayana, this book's name derives from the fond name given to Hanuman by his mother.
6. Yuddha Kanda (Book of war): also known as Lanka Kanda, the battle in Lanka between the monkey and the demon armies of Rama and Ravana, respectively. After Ravana is defeated, Sita undergoes the test of fire, completes exile with Rama, and they return to Ayodhya to reign over the ideal state.
7. Uttara Kanda (Last book): Rumors of impurity lead to Sita's banishment, during which she gives birth to and raises Lava and Kusha. Rama and Sita reconcile. The twin boys later ascend the throne of Ayodhya, after which Rama departs from the world.
All these sections cover the different periods of Lord Rama's life, taking us right from his boyhood, through his exile and his life in the forest, to the abduction of Sita, the war which follows in Lanka and finally, what happens after the recovery of his wife. Preceding these seven sections, the story of Lord Shiva has also been narrated in the form of a prologue to Ram's story.
Lord Rama, the hero of the Ramayana, is one of most popular deities worshipped in the Hindu religion. Each year, many devout pilgrims trace their journey through India and Nepal, halting at each of the holy sites along the way. The poem is not seen as just a literary monument, but serves as an integral part of Hinduism, and is held in such reverence that the mere reading or hearing of it, or certain passages of it, is believed to free from sin and bless the reader or listener. Lord Rama is an incarnation (Avatar) of the god Vishnu. The main purpose of this incarnation is to demonstrate the righteous path (dharma) for all living creatures on earth.
Service includes: Puja of Lord Rama and Ram Parivaar, Sankalpa, daily recitation of Ram Katha, Aarti, Pushpanjali.
This puja can be done:
With 1 recitation of Shri Ram Katha: 1 recitation of Shri Ram katha would be done. Duration: 10 days ;
Team members: 3 priests and 5 musicians
With 108 recitations of Shri Ram Katha: 108 recitations of Shri Ram katha would be done. Duration: 7 days ; Team members: 115 priests and 7 musicians. Please email us at email@example.com , expressing your interest.
Make your selection of Puja days from the box above.
Eshwar Bhakti priests will perform Puja as per vedic rituals based on birth details. Please mention your birth details (name, date, place, time), & Sankalp (your wish) at checkout. This is a individual Puja (you may do puja on individual name or include your near and dear ones in the puja). You will be provided with the direct contact no. of the priest, to call during the Sankalpa/Puja. Know more about Yajna / Hindu Ritual Ceremonies / Online Puja Services .
You can opt for a puja DVD or without DVD from the box above. If you opt for a DVD, it will be couriered to you, else, the puja photos will be emailed to you, on successful completion of the puja. The DVD would be of approx. 1 hour, having the main rituals of the puja.
Create memories for life times
The service I have received has been impressive. You can always count on professional, prompt service at this business. The yagna, homa services can be customized to your exact specification.Raymond Watson, USA All Testimonials
I feel very positive and light! The beleaguered feeling of the past repeating is not there. Marriage is peaceful. The general scenario is hopeful. Thank you.Sunita, UK All Testimonials
Thank you very Much !
Your services were professionally guided, as per my occasional experience. We hope to have a good results from the service you have made for us, so far.Kess Bonnet, Bulgaria All Testimonials