The third Chakra in our body is known for framing our personality. Manipura is the Sanskrit word for Solar Plexus Chakra. It means "lustrous gem" or "the dwelling place of the self." The element based on the third Chakra is fire, and the planet associated with it is the Sun. The Solar Plexus Chakra, in its balanced or open state, shines bright like the sun and plays a crucial role in transforming our mind-body relation. It is the last of the three Chakras linked to physical matters (The other two are Root Chakra and Sacral Plexus Chakra). The health of the third Chakra is necessary for transcending from the limitations of worldly components.
The third Chakra is located just above our naval, and it includes the pancreas, the adrenal glands, the digestive system, the psoas muscles, the diaphragm, and the sense organs. The bija mantra of Solar Plexus Chakra is Ram, and the color related to it is yellow. The Hindu God associated with the Chakra is Maharudhra Shiva. Overactive or underactive Solar Plexus Chakra can harm our physical, psychological, and emotional well being.
Read on to find out more about the importance of balancing, the issues caused by imbalances, and how to heal our Solar Plexus Chakra.
The benefits of having a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra : The third Chakra has the masculine energy known as yang. It focuses on the desire for prominence and success. A balanced third Chakra can make a person goal-oriented, brilliant, passionate, and hardworking. When the Chakra is balanced, a person would be independent with an inward drive to strive forward. The openness of the Solar Plexus Chakra can assist us in moving forward with our lives regardless of the hardships. Our inner drive will aid us in decision making, standing up for our beliefs, starting new ventures, engaging in charity, and other good causes. It also helps in setting up boundaries and maintaining positive relations with others.
Overactive / Underactive Solar Plexus Chakra : The imbalance in the flow of energy through our Chakras can pave the way for a plethora of ailments. Ayurvedic dosha associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra is Pitta, which includes fire and water. Imbalance in the third Chakra can lead to pancreas related problems, diabetes, stress, blood pressure, and digestive issues. Overactive Solar Plexus Chakra can cause indigestion, eczema, irritation, ulcers, chronic fatigue, and high blood pressure.
An underactive or blocked third Chakra can lead to insomnia, obesity, passivity, low blood pressure, anxiety, passivity, lack of energy, and confidence. It is pertinent to take steps to mend our Solar Plexus Chakra. It can save your vitality and reenergize your body.
How to heal the imbalances in your Solar Plexus Chakra? : Mending the imbalances in your Chakras can facilitate the flow of energy through your body. Each Chakra has its specificities and has different ways of curing their imbalances. The problems related to the Solar Plexus Chakra are curable by taking little breaks from your routine and by identifying the obstructions faced in your life. Incorporating yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, and other such practices can help in saving the vitality of your Solar Plexus Chakra.
1. Meditation - It is an essential component in healing your Chakras or maintaining their health. To mend your Solar Plexus Chakra, try meditating by imagining a bright yellow sunflower on your third Chakra. You can also combine Chakra stones and fragrance based treatments while engaging in meditations.
2. Yoga - Physical activities are highly beneficial in improving the health of your Chakras. Asanas based on centrality are suitable for the well being of Solar Plexus Chakra. Practicing asanas from outside with sunlight helps energize our third Chakra. Some of the yoga poses include-
• Warrior Pose or Virabhadrasana
• Boat Pose or Navasana
• Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar
• Cow Pose or Bitilasana
• Seated Sprinted Twist Pose or Ardha Matsyendrasana
• Camel Pose or Ustrasana
Practicing these yoga poses can energize your Solar Plexus Chakra and help in curing its imbalances.
3. Chakra Balancing ritual services - Invoking the presiding deities of the solar chakra helps balance this chakra. For details see this link: https://pujayagna.com/products/navel-manipura-chakra-pooja-homa
4. Assertions and Chanting - The frequencies of sound can play a crucial role in opening our Chakras. The chanting of the bija mantra and listening to music that pertains to the same frequency as the Chakra is also helpful. Assertions are other components in improving our mood and vitalizing the Chakra. The repetition of some specific affirmations can help you in reinventing your personality and heal your Solar Plexus Chakra. They include -
• "I can, and I will."
• "I have the potential in me."
• " I am bold and solid."
• "I stand firm in my power."
• "I am sure of my desires and needs."
• "I adore the individual I am."
• "I am answerable to my life."
The repetition of these assertions can improve your confidence level and remove stress. They can calm and soothe you as well.
5. Fragrance Based Treatments - Aromatherapy or fragrance based treatments are gaining acceptance in the present decade. Burning incense sticks and massaging or applying essential oils are useful. They help in calming an overactive Chakra or opening an underactive one. Some of the oils that facilitate the mending of Solar Plexus Chakra are -
• Eucalyptus and Juniper Berry - Their essential oils are beneficial in activating the Solar Plexus Chakra.
• Vetiver Helichrysum- They aid in calming the third Chakra.
• Grapefruit and lemon oil - They facilitate the balancing of the third Chakra.
6. Crystal Healing - Crystal or precious stone treatment methods help calm an overactive Chakra and provide openness to a blocked one. Using crystals while meditating and visualizing are highly recommended for improving the health of a Chakra. Some of the crystals that help in mending our Solar Plexus Chakra are Citrine, Carnelian, Moonstone, and Coral.
7. Having a proper eating habit - Our diet and lifestyle play a crucial role in cleansing our Chakras. Having a proper diet and avoiding junk food is beneficial in improving the health of a Chakra. Some of the food items are banana, lemon, corn, pineapple, brown rice, millets, beans, grains, oats, sunflower seeds, chamomile seed, grains, and turmeric. Try including these items into your diet to heal your Solar Plexus Chakra.
You can improve the health of your Solar Plexus Chakra by bringing about slight alterations in your lifestyle. With a balanced and open third Chakra, you can move forward in your life and control your destiny and happiness. It will also help you in enhancing your personality and unify with the universal consciousness.