What are Chakras?
In Hinduism, the physical and spiritual come together in the Chakras. Chakra is a Sanksrit word that refers to a wheel. The concept of Chakras originated in the Vedas and the Upanishads. In Svetasvatara Upanishad, Brahman, the ultimate reality, is mentioned as Brahma Chakram, which means the source of order and regularity. In the Tantric texts, there are stories and symbolism related to Chakras. The Tantric texts mention Chakra as the energy emanating from the spiritual realm that leads to the creation of different levels of Chakras.
Kundalini is the energy that remains coiled at the bottom of our spine. The openness of our chakras assists in the proper channelization of Shakti. The Chakras or the loci of life energy or prana can lead to the awakening of Kundalini, which further enhances us to merge with the infinite consciousness of Brahman.
Different types of Chakras : Chakras draw energy from the spine, and their balanced existence leads to our physical and psychological well being. There are more than one-hundred chakras in our body. But the most important among them are:
• Root Chakra / Muladhara : Located at the base of our spine, Root Chakra is associated with our sense of security, grounding, and survival. Root Chakra is associated with red color, and its bija mantra is lam. The element of Root Chakra is the Earth. Lord Ganesha and Brahman are the Hindu gods connected with our Root Chakra.
• Sacral Chakra / Svadistana : Located in the lower abdomen, Sacral Chakra opens our creative and innovative self. It is related to our sexuality, sensuality, and desire for pleasure. Sacral Chakra is associated with the orange color, and its bija mantra is vam. The element connected with this Chakra is water. Lord Vishnu is Sacral Chakra's Hindu god.
• Solar Plexus Chakra / Manipura : Located on our belly over the naval, Solar Plexus Chakra facilitates us with certainty, independence, and an inward drive. Yellow is the color associated with this Chakra, and its bija mantra is Ram. Fire is the base element of Solar Plexus Chakra. The Hindu God associated with this Chakra is Maharudhra Shiva.
• Heart Chakra / Anahata : Located at the center of our cardiovascular framework, it is related to love and compassion. The color associated with this chakra is green, and its bija mantra is Yam. Its base element is air. Ishwara is the Hindu god associated with our Heart Chakra.
• Throat Chakra / Vishuddha : Located in our throat, this Chakra helps us in reflecting on our truth. It facilitates proper communication with others. Blue is the color linked with the Throat Chakra, and its bija mantra is ham. Sadhashiva is the Hindu God related to this Chakra.
• Third Eye Chakra / Ajna : Located between the eyebrows, it is the sight of awareness, intuition, and awareness. Aum / Om / Sham is its bija mantra, and indigo is the color associated with this Chakra. Ardhanarishwari is the Hindu God attached to the Third Eye Chakra.
• Crown Chakra / Sahasrara : It is located above the head and acts as the representative of the union, peace, and cosmic consciousness. Its bija mantra is om / ah / Soham, and it is associated with the violet color. The Hindu God associated with the Third Eye Chakra is Lord Shiva.
Balanced, overactive, and underactive Chakras : A blocked or overactive Chakra can pave the way for several physical and psychological ailments. The blockage of the Chakra happens due to the hindered flow of energy. It can cause several diseases like sciatica, depression, bronchitis, prostate issues, hypertension, hypo, and hyperthyroidism. Our diet, lack of exercise, lifestyle choices, lack of sleep, drug usage can cause the blockage of our Chakras. Its openness facilitates the flow of energy through our body, which can lead to the awakening of our Kundalini. Overactive chakras with the excessive flow of Shakti can also harm our bodies. It is pertinent to identify the Chakra, which is overactive or blocked, to cure them. Crystal healing practices combined with meditation can aid you in finding the blocked Chakras.
How to have balanced Chakras? : Having a balanced Chakra system is essential for the well being of our mind and body. Different practices are adaptable for balancing our Chakras. Some of them are:
1. Meditation - This is a practice that facilitates your mind-body connection. It is suitable for overcoming stress, anxiety, and can also promote emotional health. Combining crystal and aromatherapy with meditation can be highly beneficial.
2. Yoga - The different asanas of Yoga benefit our Chakras in diverse ways. Asanas as warrior poses, garland poses, and wide-legged forward bend help heal the imbalance of our Root Chakra. Yoga poses are also beneficial in strengthening our core and improving our stamina.
3. Chakra Balancing ritual services - Invoking the presiding deities of the relevant chakra helps balance this chakra. For details see this link: https://pujayagna.com/collections/chakra-balancing-puja-yagna
4. Exercises - Any form of physical activity like dancing, walking, jogging, and weight training can pave the way for curing our Chakra imbalances.
5. Aromatherapy - Fragrance can act as a treatment for our Chakras. Burning incense sticks and using essential oils have proven to improve a person's mood and enhance positivity.
6. Crystal Healing - Each Chakra imbalance is curable by using crystals and precious stones. Wearing them or having them placed in your house can enhance positive energy.
7. Affirmations and Chanting - Sound can play a vital role in enhancing the health of our Chakras. Each Chakra has its frequencies. You can listen to music in the frequency to soothe your Chakras. Chakra affirmations like I exist, I am grounded, I am alive, can revitalize our Chakras. Chanting the bija mantra of the Chakras is also highly beneficial.
8. Reiki - This is another practice for balancing our Chakras. Here energy is transferred from a powerful Chakra to a feeble Chakra. It leads to the energization of our Chakras.
These practices can enhance the openness of your Chakras and facilitate the proper flow of energy. The seven Chakras together in their balanced state help us to reach the unified consciousness of humanity. It would revitalize our mind, body, and soul. Balance your Chakras to enhance your physical, psychological, and spiritual life.