Svadisthana is the Sanskrit term for Sacral Chakra, and it means sweetness. It is the Chakra of attraction, creativity, and sexuality. Sacral Chakra is present in the lower abdomen region underneath the navel. It includes our genitals, womb in women, bladder, and kidney.
The bija mantra of Sacral Chakra is vam, and the color associated with it is orange. The element bound to this Chakra is water. Lord Vishnu is the Hindu God linked to this Chakra. Due to its constitution, it is the focal point of pleasure, desire, and procreation in our body. Tackling the sexual vitality produced by the openness of the sacral chakra can aid us in making a plethora of achievements in our lives.
Sacral Chakra blockage and its overactive nature can have adverse impacts on our physical, psychological, and emotional health.
The benefits of having a balanced Sacral Plexus Chakra: A balanced Solar Plexus Chakra can facilitate the streaming of energy and vitality through our bodies. It can enable us to love completely, be non-judgemental, and to live our lives genuinely. It aids in the smooth flow of creative and innovative energy. The optimal balance of this chakra can improve our feelings of commitment, pleasure, and sensuality. The affirmation that can strengthen our sacral plexus chakra is "I desire." It is essential to focus on leading a life you are passionate about to maintain the balance of the sacral chakra. The hindrance of the energy flow through this chakra can affect the functioning of our bodies.
The effects of having an underactive/overactive Sacral Plexus Chakra: The disparities in the second chakra can either be its blockage or its overactivity. Both of them can have various side effects on our physical, emotional, and psychological self. Recuperating these imbalances can foster our mind-body connection and allow the flow of energy or Shakti. Kapha (water and earth) is the corresponding Ayurvedic dosha that leads to the imbalance of our sacral plexus chakra. An overactive sacral chakra could pave the way for
• muscle pressure,
• stomach issues,
• emotional overcompensation,
• excessive passion for materialistic items
The blockage of the Chakra can lead to physical ailments like irregularities in the menstrual cycle, urinary bladder diseases, testicular diseases, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and lower back pain. It can lead to other emotional problems such as fear of satisfaction, the tendency to self-harm, pessimism, low energy, lack of imagination, misery, addictive behavior, having unquenchable needs, and possessing destructive emotions. Curing these problems and attaining a balance in the Chakra are significant factors in helping us to transcend ourselves beyond the finite consciousness of our mind and body.
How do we balance our Sacral Plexus Chakra? : Balancing our chakras improves our well-being. Adopting certain practices in our lifestyle can bring about balance in our chakras. Mainly physical activities, sound therapy, reiki, needle therapy, meditation, and aromatherapy can aid the balancing of our chakras. Read on to find out more about the practices that can heal our second chakra.
1. Yoga - Yoga Asanas/poses can improve the strength of our physical body. Regular practice of different poses can enhance our stamina and also for staying away from ailments. Sacral plexus chakra's health is maintainable by adopting certain yoga poses. They include-
• Goddess Pose (Utkata Konasana)
• Reverse Warrior Pose (Viparita Virabhadrasana)
• Wide-legged forward bend (Prasarita Padottanasana)
• Seated forward bend (Parichimottasana)
• Reclined bound angle pose (Supta Baddha Konasana)
2. Sound Therapy - Listening to music or sound that pertains to the frequency of the chakra that needs mending can initiate the flow of energy in our body. The frequency of sacral plexus chakra is 417 Hz. Listening to music, songs, or sounds in that frequency can play a vital role in healing our sacral chakra. Music therapy seems to have a long-lasting effect. Chanting sacral chakra's bija mantra, Vam, and the repetition of its affirmations such as
• I desire.
• I deserve all the pleasures in the world.
• I am creative.
• I am a lovable being.
• I honor my sacred body.
• I let go of past feelings.
You can chant these affirmations while meditating, or when you are undergoing a stressful situation. They have the potential to energize you and soothe your mind as well as body.
3. Chakra Balancing ritual services - Invoking the presiding deities of the sacral chakra helps balance this chakra. For details see this link: https://pujayagna.com/products/sacral-swadhisthana-chakra-pooja-homa
4. Aromatherapy - The imbalances of the second chakra are curable by the burning of incense sticks, applying essential oils, and massaging them. They are beneficial in calming an overactive sacral chakra, and also in enhancing the energy flow in blocked chakra. Some of the essential oils that aid in the balancing of our chakras are -
• Spicy Cardamon - It is useful in awakening our sacral chakra.
• Ylang-ylang and Neroli - It helps in calming an overactive sacral chakra.
• Sweet Orange and Sandalwood - These essential oils aid in the proper functioning of the second chakra.
5. Crystal / Precious Stone Healing - It has been centuries since the adoption of crystals in healing ailments. Egyptians, Sumerians, and Mayans embellished their bodies with precious stones to protect them from any negative vitalities. By using crystal therapy practices, you can heal the imbalances of chakras. You can place the crystals near your body while meditating to focus on the affected chakra and facilitate their healing. They can clear, stimulate, adjust, and vitalize our chakras. Always purify your stone with water after its use to remove any negativity present in it. The precious stones/crystals that can aid in cleansing our sacral plexus chakra are Citrine, Carnelian, Moonstone, and Coral.
6. Having a proper diet - Food plays a crucial role in improving the health of our body. Having junk food, skipping meals, overeating, and irregular eating can harm our minds as well as our bodies. Respecting the food we consume and hygienically preparing food are also necessary. Some of the food items that can enhance the health of our sacral plexus chakra are-
• Fruits - Orange, mangoes, strawberries, coconut, melons, and passion fruit
• Vegetables - beans, turmeric, ginger, corn, and pepper
• Spices - Cinnamon, Vanilla, and sesame seeds
Try including them into your diet to improve the health of your sacral plexus chakra.
Along with these practices, meditation, reiki, needle therapy, dancing (especially belly dancing), and other exercises can aid in the healing of our solar plexus chakra. Always focus on the flow of energy through your chakras for establishing a connection with the infinite consciousness, Brahman.