Located at the base of our neck, Throat Chakra is the seat of all our feelings and aids us to engage in effective communications. The Sanskrit word for Throat Chakra is Vishudha, which means purity. Its base element is space or Akasha, and its shading is sky blue. The bija or seed mantra of the Throat Chakra is 'hum' The Hindu God associated with our fifth Chakra is SadaShiva.
The Throat Chakra includes our throat, neck, mouth, teeth, jaws, trachea, vocal cords, ears, larynx, esophagus, carotid arteritis, thyroid, parathyroid, and shoulders. It also controls our endocrine framework and aids in the proper channeling of hormones through our bodies.
The Throat Chakra is related to inventiveness, correspondence, truth, self-articulation, and imagination. The Throat Chakra is the first Chakra on the spiritual plane and can enhance the possibilities of unifying with the infinite consciousness of Brahman. Communication is an integral part of the fifth Chakra, and it assists in transcending space as well as time. The Ayurvedic dosha of the Throat Chakra is Vata, and the Gunas of the Chakra are rajas as well as sattva.
Benefits of having a balanced Throat Chakra: Having an open and balanced Throat Chakra can produce a plethora of benefits. It can make you more certain about your choices, and also would be useful in calming a person. The most important factor of having an open Throat Chakra is that you can become a successful communicator. Words have healing power. You can employ them effectively to improve the lives of others. If you are a great communicator, you won't have any issues with miscommunication and would be able to present yourself well. Expression of truth is another significant factor associated with the Throat Chakra. With an open fifth Chakra, you won't face any difficulties in sharing the truth of anything. You will be able to express yourself freely without any fear. You will be capable of talking about political, religious, and social matters with confidence. When you have a balanced Throat Chakra, your inner truth and voice are your blessings.
Overactive or Underactive Throat Chakra: Imbalances in the Throat Chakra can lead to several physical, emotional, and psychological ailments. An overactive, as well as an underactive Throat Chakra, can harm the well-being of our mind, body, and soul. The imbalances can cause -
• difficulties in expressing your feelings,
• fear of imparting your thoughts with others,
• issues of miscommunication and over stubbornness,
• talking incessantly without listening,
• being overly critical of others,
• fear of loneliness, and
• hurting another person with your voice by shouting, yelling, or screaming.
Apart from these conditions, the blockage or excessive openness of the Throat Chakra can pave the way for having -
• swollen lymph hubs,
• cracking of your voice,
• hearing contamination,
• sinus problems,
• throat or upper respiratory infection, and
• speech impediments
The curing of the problems of the Throat Chakra is essential for enhancing our connection with the spiritual realm and our inner truth.
How to overcome the imbalances of the Throat Chakra?: Curing the blockage or excessive openness of Throat Chakra is essential for improving the flow of energy through your body. There are different ways of revitalizing the Chakra. Some of them include yoga, meditation, fragrance therapy, chanting, visualization, and crystal healing practices. When your Throat Chakra is blocked, you confront a fear of communication, timidity, untruthfulness, lack of imagination, inability to express your emotions, and social uneasiness. When our Throat Chakra is balanced or open, you will no longer be afraid of communicating your reality to the world and would be innovative. To enhance your Throat Chakra, try to include:
1. Yoga - The incorporation of yoga asanas and pranayama into your routine can aid in aligning and healing your Vishudha Chakra. Try to engage in yoga asanas by focusing on your breathing as it intensifies the energy flow in your body. Some of the yoga asanas that can realign your body are-
• Setu Bandhasana or Bridge Pose
• Salamba Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand
• Matsyasana or Fish Pose
• Baddha Konasana or Reclining Butterfly Pose
• Halasana or Plow Pose
2. Meditation - It is an essential practice for awakening the truth and healing your spiritual body. Try to meditate with your eyes closed and bring your attention to your throat. You can wear a scarf around your throat or place your palms to provide warmth to your fifth Chakra. It is pertinent to bring awareness to the word truth as well as your inner truth. You can ask yourself, 'what is your inner truth?' While concluding your meditation, you may chant 'hum' three times. Open your eyes gently after completing your meditation.
3. Chakra Balancing ritual services - Invoking the presiding deities of the throat chakra helps balance this chakra. For details see this link: https://pujayagna.com/products/throat-vishuddha-chakra-pooja-homa
4. Crystal / Precious Stone Healing - The vitality of stones can create vibrations. They can aid in correcting the imbalances of our Chakras. As the shading of the fifth Chakra is blue, crystals that have a similar color are beneficial in mending your throat Chakra. Some of the stones that help in curing the fifth Chakra are Lapiz Lazuli, Aquamarine, Turquoise, blue Kyanite, and blue iolite.
5. Head and Neck Exercises - Using electronic devices has led to the straining of our neck. Stretching exercises are useful for releasing the tiredness of your neck. Drawing semicircles in a clockwise and anticlockwise direction repeatedly is one such exercise.
6. Chanting and Singing - As the fifth Chakra is associated with our throat and our ability to communicate effectively, chanting, singing, and other vocal exercises can strengthen your vocal cords. Chanting the bija mantra 'hum' also aligns with the vibrations of your fifth Chakra. Affirmations like 'I am strong,' and 'I am healthy' are beneficial in healing your Throat Chakra.
7. Aromatherapy - The fragrance of different essential oils can revitalize and energize our Chakras. The imbalances in our Throat Chakra are curable by inhaling and massaging these oils. Some of them are-
• Rosemary Essential Oil – It aids in opening our fifth Chakra.
• German Chamomile - It helps in stabilizing our Throat Chakra.
• Frankincense and Sandalwood - They help in balancing our Chakra.
Through the proper usage of these healing measures, you can improve the health of your fifth Chakra. The inclusion of these practices into your routine can facilitate in the channelization of your vitality without any hindrances.